Saturday, February 16, 2008

Weekend Cookin'

Since I work full time one of the things I do is cook on the weekends. During the week, I cook 1-3 times, depending on what I make and how long it lasts. The Mayan Chicken for example, we ate for 3 days of dinners. The original one, the next day sauteed with red potatoes and peas. and the 3rd made into a quick sour cream fettucini. That took us to the weekend!

Today, breakfast was a southern fried breakfast. (probably because I watched Paula Dean this morning!) we had bacon, fried biscuits (simply a tin of buttermilk biscuits cooked over the stove instead of in the oven) and sunnyside up eggs. Healthy? Nope, but soooo good!

Then for dinner I took 3 chicken breasts. Seasoned them with garlic powder, McCormick carribean jerk seasoning and olive oil. Popped it in the oven at 350 for about an hour. Alongside of it, I cooked peas, brocolli, some peppers, and sliced red potatoes with a bit of olive oil drizzled over it. After I got it done, I realized the chicken was a bit spicy for the Minnesotan contigent but I made a gravy to offset this and everyone loved it.

Now I'm heading back downstairs to make a Cherry Chocolate cake, the best you will EVER eat and the easiest recipe in the world! Stay tuned!

No comments: